Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What? Our life in one post???





Ok, so this "blogging stuff" is just a little to much pressure for me. I see all of these other blogs and they are all so cute and poemy, and soo funny. So I will try my best to keep my blog interesting, but I have never been a big writer. Wait, I take that back, once in high school I wrote a paper on Mr. and Mrs. Bo Jo Jones that I thought was pretty good, but apparently it wasn't. My sisters still make fun of me for that. As a matter of fact, Brooke still pulls it out of her "folder of funnies" just to entertain her guests. I personally think she keeps it as a reference for her own writing skills. Sorry Mom, you probably thought she got that talent from you!!!



Well , on with our life here in Meadow, Utah..
I will give a quick overview of our life so far this year.. We have had a few firsts take place amongst our fam. First of all this really is my first official entry into my own blog.( Thanks to Bit for setting my blog up.) And for getting the sisters fired up about who really is the prettiest.(Do we really need to go there? I thought that was already settled.)
To start off the year we had Jabry's first birthday!! I cant believe how time flies, I guess its hard to believe she is already 20 months old, probably because she still looks like she is only about 10. She sure is a tiny little thing, but that doesn't seem to stop her from picking fights with the boys. She definitely has her moms attitude.
Another first the boys had was an ice fishing trip. Yikes, I was so worried the whole day that one of them would fall in a fishing hole. Jacob assured me that the holes were only about 6inches wide, and I said " so was the well hole that little girl fell in that one time about 15 years ago back east somewhere." I think her name was Baby Jessica. I don't know if anybody remembers that , but those are the types of things that went through my mind, when I sent my three little boys (that can't seem to hold still for more than 5 seconds) to an ice covered lake with holes drilled all over it. Any way as you can see they loved it, yes they were cold, but they thought fishing in the snow was pretty awesome.
Next was my 30th birthday, yes that was my first, but that was not the only first of the day. As you can see, Jacob was in charge of the cake, and I think that was the first time that a bathtub toy was doubled as a cake topper. Thanks for trying Babe, I loved it!
One of the best parts of the summer was our first experience in T-ball. Jacob and I were the coaches, and I don't know when we will learn that when you are the coach, your kid is less likely to listen to what you say, than if you were just sitting on the bleachers.. Oh well, it was worth it. As you can see Creeker was the bat-boy and thought he was the best one ever!! We had a hard time keeping him off the field, he wanted to play so bad. Truth is he probably could have done just as good as most the kids out there, and he is half their age.( he's kind of our go-getter')
This summer we also planted grass in part of our back yard. It sure is nice for keeping my floors cleaner, but the boys would much rather have all those dirt hills back.
Chewy also learned this summer how to ride without trainers for the first time. He was doing so great, he couldn't stop himself very well but that didn't seem to really be a problem, until he came up on a bridge a couple of weeks ago. Cannon, Chewy and Tweeky had taken off ahead of us on their bikes to go throw rocks off the bridge, and as Chewy got a little closer and realized that the road dropped off, he tried to stop himself but was a little to late. As he went off the road he reached over and grabbed a bench that was there just as his bike went flying off the bridge. Luckily Cannon had already jumped up onto the bench and was holding on to Chewy as he was hanging there. When we finally got to him a second or two later he was shaking so bad. His little arms were scraped from his armpits to his wrists, and his poor little chin got the worst of it. He's been a little apprehensive around bridges and ditches, which there are a lot of here in Meadow, but the other day as we were out for a ride he said, "Mom, I think I'm just about not scared of ditches anymore."
This year was also a year I have been dreading for the past five years. Cannon had his first day of Kindergarten!!! He was so excited to go and I tried to be as well, but the night before school started I was going through all the rules about being nice, listening to your teacher, making sure to wipe your bumm, and please wash your hands after, and that he had to tell me everything about what happened at school. So after we got done with the rules, I remembered a couple of books that my mom gave us girls a few years ago. They are called "The Kissing Hand", and "Pocket full of Kisses." Yeah sure they get me a little teary-eyed every time I read them but its a whole new ballgame when your sending your own baby off to school. Needless to say, I sobbed my way through the two books and sent them off to bed, I on the other hand could not sleep. I sat there wondering if I had taught Cannon enough about what is right and wrong, had I given him enough confidence to help him make the right choices. Would he be strong enough to be a leader and not a follower. I was a mess, and I know its only Kindergarten and that the pressures will get a lot worse. But I actually started to second guess if I had done enough to get him ready for the "Real World." Anyway, he seems to be loving school, and his friends, and even the work. So, I guess time will tell.
Well lately Jabry has really started taken an interest in me, and the whole "girl stuff". She really loves to watch me get ready and fixing my hair and putting on my make-up are two of the most fascinating things to her. So I guess it shouldn't have surprised me to find that she had attempted her first make-over. Not bad for the first time!
For Labor Day this year we went on our first camping trip in our new tent. It was a blast, we all went fishing and each caught some, though I must say for the record mine was the biggest, and Jacobs was the littlest. (It's ok babe!) The boys loved it, although while at the fishing hole we had a crazy encounter when I looked up to see a bear walking around the fishing in the same direction as the boys were walking!! Yes, it was a real life full size bear.. The first one I or Jacob had ever seen in the wild. It did not seem aggressive at all, and just seemed to be minding his own business even with all the commotion. It was crazy. The worst part of it was, is that we had just slept in a tent with our kids the night before less than a mile away! Anyway to make a long story short, we are know in the market for a camp trailer!!
Well with all of the happy, scary, and sad experiences that we have had this year, you would think we have had a pretty full year. But there is one more "first" that our family experienced this year. The first time we almost lost a child. June 28th Jacob pulled our little Creeker off of the bottom of Brookes 9 1/2 feet deep swimming pool. Jacob was roasting hot dogs with the boys just 10 feet away when Brans, Brookes little boy told Jacob that Creek was on the bottom of the pool. Jacob then dove in and grabbed Creek's lifeless body out of the water. The thoughts that go through your mind are indescribable, when you hear that your child has drowned, you think you'll do a little CPR and he'll cough it right up. But we found out the real way that's not how drowning works. Creek went from blue to navy blue right in front of our eyes, he was not breathing, had no pulse, he was literally slipping away right in front of our eyes. Jacob stayed with him the whole time the paramedics were working on him, he gave Creek a blessing and I don't think he ever doubted that Creek would not make it. I on the other hand have seen the glaze of the lifeless eyes, and now I was seeing it in my own sons. I lost it and was not able to stay to close . As the minutes seemed to roll on nothing was happening. Creek was getting breaths in to him, but his heart would not start beating. Until what seemed like forever, Jacob finally came over to me, he grabbed me and said what I will never forget. He said, "Babe, I felt his heart beat with my own hand." Well, they finally got him breathing a little on his own, and life flighted him up to Primary Children's. Brooke drove us to the hospital and we prayed the whole way. Jacob kept saying if anyone can make it, it's Creek. I knew that was true, he has always been our little fighter. Well I don't need to go into all the details of what we went through those 3 days in the hospital, but it was quite the experience. Our little Creeker fought for his life and he got it!! I am so grateful for the experience, I truly look at each day we have with each other here on earth as an amazing blessing. I am grateful Our Heavenly Father let us keep him for now, and we pray everyday for the strength to endure any other trials, or experiences that may come our way. We will never deny that Miracles truly do happen, for we know that we were definitely blessed with one. I just want to let everyone know how much we love you and thank-you for carrying us through that. We could not have done it without you all.
Ok just for the record, not all of my entries will be this long. Sorry!!

12 comments:

Sitterud Family said...

That is a wonderful entry.... You have learned so much since you realized what the internet is. I took you awhile but you got it. I bet you are the first one in Meadow to have not only a blog but the internet! Don't worry they will come around. Your fam is so cute we love them all so much, Wait has Cannon grown out of the "myself" stage? If he is out of that then we love them all! Good job, sis. Love ya

Petersen Kids said...

Good job! I didn't read all of it. I only had the time to read your blog entry or the twilight series. Just kidding that was fun to read! Love Ya!

Lisa said...

Stinkin cute Brydi! Just in your first post you totally had me crackin up, and then almost to cry when I started to read about Creek...it still makes me sick to my stomach when you talk about it. You are SO much stronger than I would have been if it were me going through it. Oh, and I am a little stiff today from runnin with the nautzies!!! Some day I will work up to being as good as you guys :) Now you can check out my blog through my name! Lis

Tammy said...

I am so glad to find your blog, thanks to your sis! Now that we no longer live in Orangeville it will be good to be able to see how things are going in your life. I think it is great!

You guys have had a busy first year so far but if life weren't busy what would we do, right?

Keep up the posting and come check us out!

Korie said...

Hey Brydi, I am new to the blogging world myself but I enjoyed reading yours and seeing what your family has been up too. Your kids are so cute!!!

stormee said...

Thanks a lot Bryd!! You did have me laughing and then crying!! And I am NOT a ball baby!! I am so glad you have a blog. I am also a new blogger, and it is not usually my cup of tea. I just love your little family! It is soo weird, I hardly know them. You guys have very special spirits. This comment is just about as long as your blog!!! j/k. Anyway, keep it up. And campers are the best! It is a well worth-it investment!! Good family memories! We love it. Get bunks though. Love ya Bryd.

stormee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
griffin gossip said...

I love that we can see the kids like this.. It is so fun. Us new bloggers are still learning so if you get fun ideas let me no. I tried to get into your blog last week when you posted how much you love bit, but couldn't you were private. So if you go private again invite me. Ok you can invite bit too. karen

The Barton's said...

Wow Girl! You have been through a lot this year! I am so glad that things are going well for you! I am also glad that you joined the blogging life!! Sure had a blast in Moab with you! Darling Fam you have! Keep in touch!

Jessica said...

Ok Brydi - I shall admit... I have been waiting to see your blog from Karen's. I am so glad you decided to join the world of bloggin woman (which is getting ginourmous these days). It was great visiting with you at good ol' Cleveland Days. I kinda still cry and get goose bumps when I tell the story as you did to me that day. Can't even/and don't even (Emery County slang) want to imagine what you went through those couple days. It was amazing to me to see you just a week later with your little man runnin around like he hadn't skipped a beat. I am sure you consider yourself blessed!!! Your fam is too cute!!! If your princess is showing interest right now watch out!!! Macee was so excited for her first day of Kindergarten a couple years ago because now she could wear makeup!!! She was slightly dissapointed when I explained that wasn't the case. Ok - Stormee... I think my comment is catching up with her post also!!! Glad to see your fam!

Allen Family said...

Hey--Ok, I'm a blog peeker..I totally saw your name on Bandi's blog and jumped on! Sorry, but it was so great to read all about you guys. Loved the summary of what was going on--I haven't seen you guys for awhile and it was fun to catch up. Keep blogging, I love reading about your life in Meadow! Take care, and tell Jacob hi! love you, Jes

griffin gossip said...

You have been tagged!!!! go to my blogg to see. karen